I was needing to bring a dish to an outdoor potluck and The Ninth Grader actually had this idea and it sounded pretty good, so I went to work in the kitchen. Not only was it gone by the end of the night, I’ve already emailed the recipe to those who requested it. It has a light, tangy dressing that is perfect for a summertime get together.
1/8 C + 1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs + 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
3/4 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp sugar
1 Tbs poppy seeds
8 C greens, chopped (I used iceberg and green leaf)
2 15-oz cans mandarin oranges, drained|
2 6-oz containers raspberries
1 C Craisins
1 C pomegranate seeds
1 C walnuts, chopped
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the greens.
- ⅛ C + 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs + ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- ¾ tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 Tbs poppy seeds
- 8 C greens, chopped (I used iceberg and green leaf)
- 2 15-oz cans mandarin oranges, drained|
- 2 6-oz containers raspberries
- 1 C Craisins
- 1 C pomegranate seeds
- 1 C walnuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the greens.
- Carefully fold in the fruit and walnuts, then drizzle the dressing on top.
- Again, gently fold or toss the salad to incorporate the dressing. Enjoy!